Environmental Project Manager
Coneco Engineers & Scientists is a consulting firm specializing in environmental management, civil engineering, ecological permitting, and land surveying. Coneco’s environmental division maintains contracts with diverse and well-known local and national companies to provide a wide range of services in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Environmental Poject Managers are an essential part of the project team and work both in the field and in the office to provide services such as environmental assessment, oversight of remedial actions (including emergency response), and construction activities, comprehensive site characterization, and the implementation of remedial alternatives.
- Perform ASTM-compliant Phase I Environmental Site Assessments & Phase II Investigations.
- Conduct sampling activities (including soil, air, groundwater, surface water, building materials).
- Oversee subsurface drilling activities and sampling collection.
- Provide remedial action oversight/direction to environmental service field crews.
- Respond to emergency releases of petroleum products, mercury, PCB’s, etc.
- Oversee underground storage tank removals and prepare closure reports.
- Perform industrial hygiene and air/dust monitoring associated with construction and utility work.
- Use of field equipment for monitoring, field screening, and sampling purposes.
- Data analysis and interpretation to determine the next course of action.
- Draft site plans, sampling plans, and other figures.
- Prepare technical and regulatory reports for submittal to clients and state/federal agencies.
- Communicate with clients and subcontractors as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous office tasks and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Attend required health and safety training sessions and obtain necessary certifications.
- 0-5 years of experience (will train the right candidate).
- S. in Environmental Science/Engineering, Geology, Chemistry, Biology, Natural Resource Management, or a related course of study.
- Familiarity and/or coursework in ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training is a plus but not required.
- Willing and eager to learn new information, complete new tasks, and work with others in the environmental field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to observe, document, and communicate field conditions.
- Capability to function both independently and on a team.
- Must pass background check, drug screening, and have an insurable driving record.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Self-motivated, must be willing to work independently to solve problems.
- This position involves field work in all types of weather and terrain at various times of the day. Flexibility and preparedness are a must.
Coneco offers a competitive benefits package which includes health/dental/vision insurance, an IRA retirement savings plan, and profit sharing.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters please.
Offices located in Bridgewater and Westford, Massachusetts.
Job Type: Full Time