Environmental Project Scientist
Coneco Engineers & Scientists is a consulting firm specializing in environmental management, civil engineering, ecological permitting, land surveying, and renewable energy systems. Coneco’s environmental division maintains contracts with diverse and well-known local and national companies to provide a wide range of services in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, and Connecticut. Environmental Project Scientists at Coneco are an essential part of the project team and work both in the field and in the office to provide services such as environmental assessment, oversight of remedial actions (including emergency response) and construction activities, comprehensive site characterization, and the implementation of remedial alternatives.
- Perform ASTM-compliant Phase I Environmental Site Assessments & Phase II Investigations
- Conduct sampling activities (including soil, air, groundwater, surface water, building materials)
- Oversee field work including drilling, remediation, air/dust monitoring, and underground storage tank removals
- Preparation and implementation of health and safety plans
- Data compilation, analysis, and visualization
- Prepare technical and regulatory reports for submittal to clients and state/federal agencies
- Draft site plans, sampling plans, and other figures in ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- Provide emergency response services, requiring flexibility in schedule and ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- 2 to 5 years experience
- S. in Geology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, or a related course of study
- Familiarity and/or coursework in ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER (training provided if necessary)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to observe, document, and communicate field conditions
- This position involves field work in all types of terrain and weather at various times of the day. Flexibility and preparedness are a must.
- Valid driver’s license
Coneco offers a competitive benefits package which includes health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(K) retirement savings plan, and profit sharing. Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.
Offices located in Bridgewater and Westford, Massachusetts. Seeking applicants for the Westford location.
To apply, please send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com.