Environmental Scientist (Entry Level)
Location: Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Environmental Scientists/Geologists at Coneco are an essential part of the Coneco project team and work both in the field and in the office to provide services such as environmental assessment, oversight of remedial actions (including emergency response) and construction activities, comprehensive site characterization, and the implementation of remedial alternatives.
- Perform ASTM-compliant Phase I Environmental Site Assessments & Phase II Investigations
- Conduct sampling activities (including soil, air, groundwater, surface water, building materials)
- Oversee field work including drilling, remediation, air/dust monitoring, and underground storage tank removals
- Preparation and implementation of health and safety plans
- Data compilation, analysis, and visualization
- Prepare technical and regulatory reports for submittal to clients and state/federal agencies
- Draft site plans, sampling plans, and other figures in ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- Provide emergency response services, requiring flexibility in schedule and ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- 0 to 2 years experience
- B.S. in Geology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, or a related course of study
- Familiarity and/or coursework in ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER (training provided if necessary)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to observe, document, and communicate field conditions
- This position involves field work in all types of terrain and weather at various times of the day. Flexibility and preparedness are a must.
- Valid driver’s license
Coneco offers a competitive benefits package which includes health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(K) retirement savings plan, and profit sharing. To apply, please send a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.