Jr. Wetland Scientist
Coneco Engineers & Scientists, Incorporated, a full service civil and environmental consulting firm, seeks an entry-level Scientist for its Westford, Massachusetts (preferred) or Bridgewater,Massachusetts office to help us continue to grow our ecological services division. Coneco offers opportunities in multiple aspects of environmental consulting including restoration ecology, wetland identification and mitigation, environmental impact assessment, and rare species habitat assessment.
Qualified candidates must possess skills in field ecology, data analysis, and writing. Experience in restoration design, environmental regulatory compliance, and client/project management is a plus. Our assignments include conducting wetland (and other ecological resource areas) delineations, assessing the potential impacts of infrastructure and development projects, designing wetland and habitat mitigation, conducting biological inventories, preparing WPA and NEPA/MEPA documents and regulatory agency permit applications, and designing restoration ecology projects.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual with a strong interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career. Prior experience in wetland delineation/habitat evaluation, impact assessment, and regulatory compliance is preferred but not required. Professional Wetland Scientist or Soil Scientist Certification (or the ability to become certified within a year), and electric/gas utility project experience are a bonus. Proven business development success is a strong plus. Coneco offers hands-on training and supports continuing education in ecological sciences.
- Conduct wetland delineations, environmental assessments, and ecological studies.
- Preparation of wetland restoration plans.
- Preparation of federal, state, and local permit applications.
- Work with and/or support other groups within the company.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A., B.S. and/or M.S. in Environmental Science, Geology, Chemistry, Biology, Natural Resource Management, or a related course of study.
- Familiarity and/or coursework in ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
This is a full-time salaried position with a privately held consulting firm. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters please.
Job Type: Full Time